Take a Seat!

Today’s review is of Shiloh Walker’s upcoming novel, The Missing. Do yourself a favor and pre-order a copy today!

I’m still beading like crazy. A couple of thoughts:

Etsy appears to be an absolutely fantastic place to sell your wares. The storefronts are highly customizable, and it’s a popular enough place that nearly every crafter I run into on DeviantArt or Craftster seems to use it. Speaking of which, Craftster is a decent place to get some feedback and suggestions regarding your work, and DA is a nice place to get exposure and feedback as well.

When buying in bulk (and even not), Fire Mountain Gems blows me away with their prices, selection, and customer service. I highly recommend ordering from them.

States seriously, seriously need to acknowledge the fact that there are now a lot of small-time home-working crafters who like to sell their wares, and streamline some sort of business process for them. Having ethics is a serious challenge, I swear. If I were willing to cut corners like most online folks, I’d just set up an etsy shop and make a little money. But legally, if I want to sell my wares, I have to collect sales tax from any other Maryland residents I sell to, and that means that legally I need a business license and all that rigamarole. You’d think that for one-person self-run small-time businesses they’d come up with some sort of simple “yes you can collect sales tax without being a business” easy certificate, but no. So, we’re working out how to fold the crafting into the ErrantDreams.com, LLC pre-existing company. Once that’s done I plan to open an Etsy store. It’s driving me a little nuts having to wait, but, that’s life.

In the meantime, you can get a glimpse at the kinds of things I’ll be selling at first by looking at my DeviantArt craft photos.

This new chair design is absolutely awesome. Found at Hey Lady! Whatcha reading?:

Posted in News & Musings
6 comments on “Take a Seat!
  1. trish says:

I’m glad you like the chair as much as I do. 🙂

2. Alice Teh says:

I will take a look at your deviantart site later in the evening when I’m home. Love that “I’m still beading like crazy” expression. For me, I’m still reading like crazy… LOL.

3. Barbara says:

Seriously — I agree. The cottage industries could do a lot for the economy if the laws would just encourage them. One of the benefits of living where I do is No Sales Tax 🙂 It’s very helpful 🙂

4. heather says:

Trish: That’s just so cool! And I can imagine so many creative ways to use that technology in other things, too… 🙂

Alice: Don’t worry; I haven’t set aside the books. Although to be fair, I did set aside the specific book I was reading last night. It just couldn’t hold my interest. Sigh…

Barbara: Heh, I did get a little overly ‘serious’ there, didn’t I? 😀 I do think states would make more money if they made it easier for folks to sell their crafts. I think most folks would be happy to do the right thing if it weren’t so intimidating. I envy you the no sales tax thing—that was one of the things I loved when living in New Hampshire!

5. Tara says:

Very nice! I especially like the bookmarks. Of course.

6. heather says: