Cooking may seem like an odd website companion for writing and roleplaying, but like those interests it's a creative endeavor. Use our recipes and menus (below) for inspiration, or check out our reviews blog for a ton of cookbook and kitchenware reviews!
Main Dishes, Appetizers, and Sides
- Bacon Rosti
- Baked Squash
- Camembert Fondue
- Honey Mustard (Truffle) Carrots
- Pineapple Salsa
- Vegetable Stuffing
- Quick Tomato and Cucumber Salad
Meat and Seafood
- Honey-Glazed Turkey with Sweet Gravy
- Pepper Jack Steak Rolls
- Raspberry Lobster
- Sugared Tenderloin
- Sweet Lobster
- Curried Chicken and Barley Stew
- Crab Bisque
- Roasted Garlic and Potato Soup
- Spiced Calypso Bean Soup and Carrot Calypso Bean Soup
- Strawberry Buttermilk Cooler
- Tomato-Vegetable Soup (for a crowd)
- Vegetable Soup with Peppers, Beans, and Mushrooms
- Berry Brulee
- Berry Shortcakes
- Cake and Berries with White Chocolate Sauce
- March Rolls
- Tropical Turnovers
- White Chocolate Vanilla Cheesecake
- Berry Bread Machine Bread
- A Mass of Biscuits (or Shortcakes)
- Parmesan-Garlic Sourdough Bread
- Sourdough Cinnamon Cheesecake Rolls
Tips and Hints
- What to Buy Your Favorite Cook for the Holidays: 2006 Buying Guide
- What to Buy Your Favorite Cook for the Holidays: 2005 Buying Guide
- How to Bring Flavor to Healthy Cooking
- How to Cook Well and Save Money, Too!
- Heather and Jeffrey's Annual Thanksgiving Escapades, Or, Cooking for a Crowd
- Perfect Fried Eggs
- Easy Bacon Bits
- Cleaning up old, sticky vegetable oil
For us, Thanksgiving is an excuse to gather up some friends and family and cook up a storm. Sadly we don't live near as many of our old friends as we used to, but we always manage to find people to cook for somehow!
- Thanksgiving 2006
- Thanksgiving 2005
- Thanksgiving 2004
- Thanksgiving 2000
- Thanksgiving 1999
- Thanksgiving 1998
Other Assorted Holidays and Special Occasions
We like to celebrate our special occasions by--what else?--cooking!
- The Stealth Menu--low-fat low-calorie, but it doesn't taste that way!
- A Going Away Dinner Menu
- New Year's Eve 1999
- Assorted Winter Holidays, 1999
Roleplaying Game Menus
We often enjoy serving dinner before our roleplaying games.
- "Fried and Bunny" Menu--smothered rabbit, corn on the cob, sourdough bread, and some fried foods.
- Our homage to the more traditional junk food served at so many gaming sessions.
- The RPG Stealth Menu--another hard-to-believe-it's-healthy menu.
- Roasting a Turkey for Your RPG Session
- The Disaster Menu