This weekend we went to the annual Maryland Renaissance Festival (for the third year in a row), and I feel that I learned some very valuable lessons there. The faint of stomach might want to skip this list.
- If you’re on nausea-inducing antibiotics, reconsider that plan to go to the renfest no matter how beautiful the weather is. (”No, I feel great, it’ll be good for me!” *shakes head sadly*)
- If you’re on said antibiotics and go to the renfest anyway, do not eat the heavy fair food such as the greasy (if quite yummy) Scotch Eggs.
- If you eat the Scotch Eggs, do not then go home and later top them off with a serving of mint chocolate ice cream just because it’s comfort food and so you mistakenly think it might settle your stomach.
- Mint chocolate chip ice cream tastes much better going down than it does coming back up.
- When all is said and done, make sure you’re at least in the middle of reviewing a most excellent whole grain bread cookbook so you’ll have something light and healthy to settle your stomach with over the rest of the week. Who knew oat bran bread could be so good?!
And on that note, here’s a review of the last of my library books. Tomorrow or Thursday I’ll post an updated list of upcoming book reviews: Robert Masello’s Bestiary.