- 1 pineapple (peeled, cored, diced)
- 1 papaya or mango, peeled, seeded, diced
- 2 sweet bell peppers of different colors (green isn’t as sweet as red, yellow, or orange, so we recommend that you stick with the brighter colors), seeded and diced
- 1 slice of red onion, minced
- 2 Tablespoons parsley
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice (try key lime for a nice bit of flavor)
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 habanero or scotch bonnet chili, very finely minced
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine everything in a bowl, mix well, and refrigerate until ready to serve. Best the next day, but quite good the day it’s made, and it’ll last for several days in the refrigerator.
Things to remember: Chop everything as finely as possible so it’s easy to get a tortilla-chip full of salsa at once. Wear gloves or plastic baggies on your hands when you chop the chili, as you do NOT want to get the oils on your skin or in your eyes, etc. If the salsa isn’t hot enough when you taste it, you can add a bit of cayenne. This salsa is also very good on fish.
Leave a Reply