- Quart of fresh strawberries
- Small package of fresh raspberries
- Several Tablespoons sugar
- Two Tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur (such as Triple Sec, Gran Gala or Grand Marnier)
- Whipped cream or whipped topping (homemade, canned, or whatever you prefer)
- Cinnamon (optional)
Wash the berries thoroughly. Pick through them and throw out any bad ones. Quarter the strawberries and place them in a bowl with the raspberries. Add about two to six tablespoons of sugar, depending on your tastes and how sweet the berries are. Add the liqueur. Mix, and allow to sit for at least a half-hour. This would be a good time to bake the shortcakes if you’re making them yourself.
For each person, split one shortcake and lay both halves flat, cut side up. Top both halves with berry mixture and whipped cream or whipped topping. If desired, sprinkle a little cinnamon on top of the whipped topping.