When you do a word jumble, you take two or three random words and free-write off of the combination. You have a couple of options: make sure to include all of the words in whatever you write, or free-associate off of the combination and see what emerges. Here are some combos to choose from this morning:
- crash, pocketwatch
- craft, moment
- certificate, timestream
- complexity, memory, futuristic
If you need an extra constraint, choose one or more of the following:
- Restrict yourself to one side of a sheet of paper.
- Set a timer for ten minutes before you start writing.
- Write in the first person.
- Be careful not to use the actual words in the piece of writing, but allow them to inform the entire piece.
Leave a Reply