Post the list of links and quotes below, put a star next to those you like, and add your own quote and link to the bottom of the list.
The quote’s content? Your tip on blogging and/or writing in general. That’s the theme for this one. Afterwards, tag 5 more people you know that haven’t contributed yet, and the circle continues…
I’m not sure how much meme’ing most of the folks I know do, but I’ll tag a few and they can decide if they feel like joining in. 🙂
1. Look, read, and learn. ****
2. Be EXCELLENT to each other. *
3. Don’t let money change ya! *
4. Always reply to your comments. ******
5. Link liberally — it keeps you and your friends afloat in the Sea of Technorati. *
6. Don’t give up – persistance is fertile. ****
7. Give link credit where credit is due. ****
8. Pictures say a thousand words and can usually add to any post.***
9. Keep writing, no matter what, and the quality will follow. ***
10. Stay out of your comfort zone. Take risks, don’t be afraid to look dumb.**
11. Keep to a schedule. People return to blogs when they know they will find something new.*
12. Write something, ANYTHING, everyday. The moment you slip into a no writing funk, it becomes very hard to get out of it.*
13. Be thorough but brief. Some of us read a lot of blogs, and some of us read them between tasks at work or home.*
14. Follow your heart. Even if folks say no one else will care about your passion(s), do it anyway.
My contribution is really my way of justifying the fact that my blog covers all sorts of irrelevant topics when everyone else says you should cover just one. I blame the fact that I have the attention span of a flea on crack, and just can’t choose between my passions (or upkeep that many separate blogs).
So, people to tag. Hrm. Well, there’s Scott, of course; I was going to tag Aaron, but he tagged me first, so my next is Chessack (of course he’s in the process of moving so he probably won’t read this for weeks!); I’ll try Bev, although I doubt she’ll participate; and, finally, Jeffrey (can I get my husband to sit still long enough to participate in a meme? Probably not, but it’ll be an entertaining experiment!). Oh, and—an open tag to whoever else feels like participating!