It’s been a while since I gave you an image-based prompt, and I came across a piece of artwork recently that I simply must share. I particularly love images of people for the kind of intensity and personality they can convey if the artist or photographer is good. Today, look at the image that follows and do any of the following:
- Write a monologue or interior monologue from this man’s perspective.
- Write or outline a story in which he plays a significant part.
- Write a story that is significantly impacted by him but in which he never directly appears.
- Free-write for ten minutes or one side of a sheet of paper, speculating as to who or what he might be.
- Write a dialogue in which he participates.
- Write or outline a story in which he’s the ‘good guy.’
- Write or outline a story in which he’s the ‘bad guy.’
- Free-write for five minutes about who he’d be as a good guy. Then free-write for five minutes about who he’d be as a bad guy. Finally, free-write for five minutes about who he might be if he fit into neither category.
- Create a creation myth for this figure.
- Leave a comment here with your own suggestion for an exercise to be added to this list.
By moonmomma on deviantart. She has a ton of creative, inspiring pieces, so please check them out!
Leave a Reply